This course contains in-depth knowledge on how to begin and run an online jewelry marketing business. In a nutshell, some of the important topics, tips, and nuggets of wisdom include;
1. Setting up your Instagram jewelry business account and creating an attractive, powerful and professional Instagram business profile
2. Produce engaging content that will captivate and hook your followers, clients, and visitors from start to finish
3. Build strong trustworthy relationships with your Instagram followers and clients
4. Use the marketing skills in this course to convert followers to paying customers and regular clients
5. Keeping up with all the new features Instagram is implementing to grow your jewelry business and account.
6. Use Instagram selling tools that make your jewelry products easy to shop and purchase. These tools will make it easier for clients to choose the specific product they desire, make the payment and get their jewelry products.
7. Use Instagram advertising to increase your return on investment, engagement in your products and drive sales
8. Use A/B testing to see what works best when it comes to jewelry advertising and what to do to ensure you don’t end up making losses in your precious business
9. Avoid common Instagram marketing mistakes and know the right choices to make when marketing on one of the most popular social media sites in the world
10. Check Instagram analytics to check the success of your jewelry campaigns
11. Using social proof to influence your customers’ purchasing decisions and make them buy your sparkly jewelry
12. Instagram marketing best practices that will make your sales sky-rocket and your profit increase tremendously.
13. Create an extremely appealing Instagram business bio that captivates the jewelry-loving audience you are actively looking for
During this Instagram course, we will learn and practice lots of powerful tools which make jewelry marketing on Instagram easier.
29 million people purchase jewelry on a daily basis. The jewelry business makes millions of profits by selling its invaluable jewels.
AT THE END OF THIS LECTURE I WILL BE SHARING AN IMPORTANT POWER TIP ON HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY SELL YOUR BEAUTIFUL JEWELLERY ONLINE.
SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES OF SELLING JEWELLERY ONLINE INCLUDE;
1. Jewelry is small and easy to ship - chances of jewelry breaking while being shipped are minimal.
2. Jewelry is very diverse and has a very wide selection ranging from gold and gemstones to necklaces and rings. There is a wide market.
3. Sellers can customize the jewelry they sell or take requests from customers to earn more money.
4. People love to buy and sell jewelry online as it’s a thriving market place of people looking to find beautiful breath-taking gems.
WHICH SOCIAL MEDIA SITE SHOULD YOU USE TO SUCCESSFULLY SELL YOUR JEWELLERY?
Well, in this modern world of social media and digital marketing, Instagram is one of the best places to sell your precious jewelry. It has one billion monthly users and is one of the most popular social media sites in the world.
Instagram is a visual gallery for your jewelry, brand, and personality.
REASONS WHY INSTAGRAM IS THE BEST JEWELLERY MARKETING TOOL.
1. Instagram gives companies the unique ability to market their brands visually. People say a picture is worth a thousand words and this is one reason why Instagram has become so effective as a marketing tool
2. Instagram contains different editing features such as filters, different lighting, and cropping that makes the products appear more attractive than they actually are.
3. The youth demographic which is the most sought after demographic is on Instagram
4. Visibility - Instagram has one billion people using it monthly. This means a small jewelry company in India could be spotted by an eligible bachelor in New York City and land a great sale.
5. Instagram has a high engagement rate and people are more open to branded content than they are on other social media platforms.
6. Instagram is full of feedback and insights. People will use Instagram to publish pictures of products they bought from your brand, recording videos and commenting on each other’s content about your brand. All this is important feedback that shouldn’t be ignored.
7. It’s important for keeping an eye on your competitors. Use the platform to look at how they interact with their community, the products they post, how often, at what time and you will be able to know some of the best practices in your industry.
THE POWER TIP for successfully selling jewelry online is to keep up with the latest jewelry trends. Buyers love shopping for sparkly trending jewelry. Constantly add a new range of products to attract customers. Try following social media pages that write about trendy jewelry.
IF YOU WANT YOUR PROFITS TO SKY ROCKET BY VENTURING INTO INSTAGRAM JEWELLERY SELLING, THEN JOIN ME IN THE NEXT LECTURE WHERE WE WILL LEARN HOW TO SET UP AN INSTAGRAM BUSINESS ACCOUNT.
1. What are some of the advantages of selling jewellery online?
2. Give reasons why Instagram is the best jewellery marketing tool
3. Explain the importance of businesses keeping up with latest jewellery trends
4. Why should jewellery businesses keep an eye on competitors?
An Instagram business account is important as it provides a better marketing experience for you as the business owner and also helps customers connect to your business.
AT THE END OF THIS LECTURE I WILL PROVIDE A POWER TIP ON INSTAGRAM BUSINESS ACCOUNTS.
If you already have a personal business account that has brand-appropriate content and an established following, then you can simply convert it into an Instagram business account.
If you don’t have an existing personal account, or if the personal account doesn’t accurately represent your business, then you will have to create a brand new Instagram business account.
SETTING UP AN INSTAGRAM BUSINESS ACCOUNT FROM SCRATCH.
1. Instagram is a mobile app and the first step is to download the Instagram app for IOS, Android or Windows.
2. The second step is to create a login. Open the Instagram app and tap Sign Up.
3. Then enter your email address and tap next. If you want to connect your Instagram business account to your Facebook business page, then tap log in with Facebook or use an admin email address to sign up.
4. Now is also the time to create your user handle. Your handle should be as close to your company name as possible. Choose your user name and password and fill in the rest of your profile information.
5. Tap Done.
CONVERTING A PERSONAL INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT TO A BUSINESS ACCOUNT.
1) Begin by logging in to your existing personal Instagram account on the downloaded app.
2) First tap the profile icon to go to your profile, then tap the three lines icon at the top right of the screen.
3) Tap Settings
4) Tap Switch to Business Profile, then tap Continue.
5) If you need to connect your business account to your Facebook business page, then follow the prompts to do so.
6) Your Instagram business account must include an email address, a phone number or even a physical address. Add all the necessary contact information.
7) Tap Done.
OPTIMIZING YOUR INSTAGRAM BUSINESS PROFILE FOR AMAZING RESULTS.
1. Tweak your Instagram bio
Your bio is only 150 characters long and tells people who you are, what your brand is and why they should even care.
2. Optimize your profile picture
The best picture would be some version of your jewelry business logo.
This is the only place where you can post an organic clickable link so please include one.
4. Use Instagram business profile features
Category, call to action and contact information help to tweak your jewelry business profile.
Category, call to action ( And a lead magnet) download our FREE ebook Today!
POWER TIP. The Instagram business account offers Instagram Insights which helps you learn more about your followers and well-performing posts so you can optimize marketing according to the results.
IT TAKES LESS THAN A SECOND FOR A VISITOR TO FORM AN IMPRESSION OF YOUR ACCOUNT BASED ON YOUR BIO. IN THE NEXT LECTURE, WE WILL LEARN HOW TO CREATE AN EXTREMELY APPEALING INSTAGRAM BIO THAT WILL CAPTIVATE THE AUDIENCE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
1. Give reasons why a jewellery business should use a business account and not a personal account
2. List the steps of setting up an Instagram business account
3. Explain ways of optimizing your Instagram business account profile for amazing results
4. State the steps of converting a personal account to a business account
Your Instagram profile creates the first impression of your Jewellery brand to potential customers.
AT THE END OF THIS LECTURE I WILL SHARE AN IMPORTANT POWER TIP ON HOW TO CONNECT WITH THE FOLLOWERS WHO ARE DYING TO ENGAGE WITH YOUR CONTENT
Your profile contains the bio which is the small area underneath the username for sharing important details about your brand. It contains a maximum of 150 characters and a single external link.
A compelling bio highlights the jewelry brand personality and compels the viewers to take action, whether that means following your account or clicking on your link.
INSTAGRAM BUSINESS BIO COMPONENTS
1. The Username and Name
The name and username are the only parts of your profile that will be included in Instagram searches. Include abbreviation of your jewelry brand name if you suspect people may use it to search for your jewelry brand.
2. You can add multiple links to your bio
You can convert multiple links into one short link and use it anywhere you want through the iLink application. The iLink app allows you to remove and re-arrange your links, monitor your activities via iLink analytics and there is no pay required.
3. The Business Category
The category appears under your name and shows people what you do at a glance. Indicating the category for your business can free up space in your bio since you don’t need to repeat this information. E.g. of a business category is “Jewellery and Watches Company”.
4. A Website
This is the only place where you are allowed to link a website. You can change the URL as many times as you desire. You can link a landing page for visitors looking for more information.
How to Add Multiple Instagram Links in Bio?
5. Contact information for your business
This includes business phone numbers that allow people to contact you, an email address or physical directions to your business straight from Instagram. E.g. If a customer clicks on the full address link in your bio, they will be directed to a map app on their phone.
6. Use call to action buttons
Instagram recently added CTA links for business accounts that have helped to free up space in the bio.
HOW TO WRITE A CAPTIVATING INSTAGRAM BIO
1. Show brand personality
A boring bio will not entice people to follow you. Your bio is your chance to tell them who you are, be human. E.g. Tiffany and Co Jewellery Company state in its bio that it was founded in 1837 and is synonymous with innovative jewelry and expert craftsmanship.
2. Use emoji
They convey brand personality and a lot of information through just one character. Emoji visually enhance your bio.
3. Use hashtags
Instagram recently released a new feature that allows you to include hashtags and profile links in your bio. Brand with multiple Instagram handles can include links to other handles.
An App to use for hashtags: Leettags
A website for hashtags https://instavast.com
THE POWER TIP is to target your niche audience with specific keywords in the bio. Using keywords will help you to connect with followers who specifically want to engage with your content.
NEARLY 1 BILLION PEOPLE ARE SCROLLING THROUGH MILLIONS OF PICTURES, HOW DO YOU MAKE THEM NOTICE YOUR PRODUCT? IN THE NEXT LECTURE WE WILL LEARN ABOUT HOW TO PRODUCE CAPTIVATING QUALITY CONTENT TO KEEP THEM HOOKED.
1. What is an Instagram bio
2. Name IG Business account bio components
3. Discuss ways of writing a captivating Instagram bio
4. Explain ways of targeting your niche audience using your bio
We have great news! Now you can create Schedule Stories on
Grab your Tailwind for Instagram Discount by clicking https://bit.ly/3igdPY7
What is Tailwind: Tailwind is the only smart Instagram scheduler that helps you plan, create, optimize, and analyze your Instagram posts, freeing you to get back to business. You can Try Tailwind free. No credit card required.
Tailwind has a whole new layout for scheduling Stories,
allowing you to plan your Stories in advance alongside a drag and drop 9-grid!
That’s right. You can now use Tailwind to conveniently schedule Stories on your computer OR phone
- wherever your images and photos maybe!
Whether you’re teasing an upcoming product, showcasing a day in your life,
or just casually communicating with your followers,
Stories are the ultimate hack for success on Instagram.
In fact, Stories get 52% higher engagement than regular feed posts!
Then what are you waiting for?
Grab your Discount and start Schedule your Stories today!
Create amazing videos to grow your business
25% discount code for you: YARIV25
PRODUCE ENGAGING CONTENT
Instagram is a visual platform used to post only photos and videos.
AT THE END OF THIS LECTURE I WILL SHARE AN IMPORTANT POWER TIP ON HOW TO PRODUCE IRRESISTIBLE CONTENT AND MAKE MASSIVE SALES
It’s important to post professional looking images that will attract your target audience.
IMPORTANT JEWELLERY PHOTOS TO POST INCLUDE;
1. Your beautiful jewelry
2. Promotional campaigns and announcements regarding the jewelry pieces
3. Some behind the scenes photos - Showing the jewelry creation process
4. Your jewelry products being worn - Jewels inaction enable the customer to visualize how it looks when worn and the stone’s dimension.
5. The product reviews and testimonies from buyers
HOW TO SELL JEWELLERY ON INSTAGRAM
1. USE QUALITY PICTURES; there are multiple ways to ensure your pictures stand out thanks to the wide array of filters and color options. However, taking professional pictures is a smart move for a jewelry selling business.
1. Make sure the pictures are in focus with good resolution and lighting
2. Have a problem with shiny surfaces? Use a lightbox. The lightbox diffuses the shine appearing on your photos. Buy one online or create a DIY one.
3. Use natural light. It makes shadows softer, colors richer and photos nicer to look at.
4. Use cropping and editing tools. Fixing colors by increasing the contrast or boosting the saturation makes the picture more visually appealing.
5. Try different angles for the most interesting versions of your jewelry.
2. USE SUBTLE BACKGROUNDS
Neutral colors make the jewelry shine brighter.
1. Use a plain white paper as the background if you don’t have any subtle background.
2. Use your own jewelry store displays to attract buyers’ attention and help in brand recognition.
3. Delete your posts if you find better angles of taking jewelry pieces. This also applies if you manage to take high-quality pictures of the same pieces.
3. Jewelry IN ACTION
Taking pictures of people wearing your jewelry is a great way of getting attention.
1. Work with a model that reflects the style of your jewelry and your customers.
2. Take pictures of the model wearing the jewelry to show how to wear the pieces and what the jewelry looks like when worn.
Your video content can include any of the following;
1. A live or recorded video of the important events you attended
2. A sneak peek into your new jewelry collection
3. A video of the production of your jewelry
THE POWER TIP - Produce compelling visual experiences that excite your followers. Take captivating pictures of people wearing your sparkly jewelry in events such as galas, reunions or even private family dinners. Capture those emotions. Share experiences through your jewelry and appeal to the emotions of your followers.
WHAT IS AS IMPORTANT AS THE JEWELLERY IMAGE? THE TEXT THAT ACCOMPANIES IT. THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU GET TO TRULY SHOW YOUR BRAND IDENTITY AND PERSONALITY AS A SELLER. IN THE NEXT LECTURE WE WILL LOOK AT HOW TO WRITE POWERFUL DESCRIPTIONS.
1. List some of the important jewellery photos to include in your content
2. Explain 4 ways of selling jewellery on Instagram
3. Highlight some of the topics your video component should contain
4. What is the power tip when it comes to producing engaging content?
Captions and descriptions bring awareness to your brand and are essential for Instagram marketing strategy.
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL BE SHARING A POWER TIP ON CRAFTING THE MOST INTERESTING DESCRIPTIONS.
On Instagram, you can use up to 2,200 characters in your descriptions. This is about 400 words. When coming up with a description of the image, the goal is to persuade the viewer to buy the jewelry. Describe the jewelry while bringing out the brand personality.
SOME OF THE INFORMATION YOU CAN INCLUDE IN YOUR DESCRIPTION INCLUDE;
1. The history of the jewelry or how you crafted the piece
2. The materials used to make the jewelry and where they came from
3. Talk about the effect achieved when it is worn and how to pair it with attire
4. It is also important to mention the benefits of the piece of jewelry, the problem that the product solves for the customer.
Captions are one of the most important ways of speaking directly to customers and forming your brand’s identity.
SOME OF THE IMPORTANT TIPS TO CONSIDER WHEN COMING UP WITH CAPTIONS INCLUDE;
You have to make sure the captions and description used are relevant and related to the picture posted. Providing context to your images help to drive home your brand.
2. Know your audience
While crafting the most interesting captions, you have to ask yourself the following questions;
1. Are hashtags useful in the campaign I am running?
2. Do my captions elicit responses or incite a conversation?
3. Would my followers easily understand the pop culture references I will use?
3. Timing is essential
People feel pressured to post a picture right after they take it. In business, timing is everything. Put time into each post to avoid crafting irrelevant & erroneous captions. Take more time to ensure the right words are used.
4. Make it short and sweet
Most users are turned off by long chunky texts. They like spending a few seconds on each post before scrolling on to the next post. Keep it brief and sweet.
5. Use strong quotes
People love a good quote. Quotes help to drive engagement. Use a quote that directly relates to your company and can help humanize your Instagram feed.
One of the quotes website i use is: https://www.brainyquote.com
6. Limit hashtags and emoji
Most social media marketers recommend using a maximum of five hashtags per post so it doesn’t look like spam and be too much to process.
7. be creative
Never state the obvious in your Instagram description. Use the description to make the picture more engaging and interesting. Try to be open, conversational and creative with each caption.
THE POWER TIP when it comes to descriptions is to focus on the benefits of your jewelry and not so much on the features. This is because you are building your product around a lifestyle.
WANT TO ENSURE YOUR JEWELLERY PRODUCTS ARE DISCOVERED ON INSTAGRAM? STICK AROUND BECAUSE IN THE NEXT LECTURE WE WILL LOOK AT THE MOST SUCCESSFUL HASHTAGS AND COMMENTS.
1. Define the term caption/description
2. What information is included in a description
3. Highlight important tips to consider when coming up with captions
4. Why should jewellery businesses focus on benefits of their jewellery and not the features?
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL BE SHARING THE POWER TIP FOR USING THE MOST EFFECTIVE HASHTAG FOR JEWELLERY SELLERS AND MAKERS.
Hashtags help to grow your audience because it makes your posts visible not only to followers but also to other Instagram users who are using your hashtags as their search terms.
Instagram enables you to use up to 30 hashtags per post but the ideal number to use is 5 to 10 hashtags. Do not litter your caption with hashtags but make sure you include enough relevant tags to gain some publicity on your posts.
INSTAGRAM HASHTAG GENERATOR
TYPES OF HASHTAGS YOU SHOULD BE USING
In order to expand your reach and get the most from your Instagram marketing, you need to use the right types of hashtags.
There are six types of hashtags that are important for jewelry businesses to incorporate into their marketing strategy.
1. Branded hashtags
Most brands have a unique brand hashtag. They attach this to every post, place it in their profile and encourage users to attach it to any posts in which they are sharing their user-generated content. The brand hashtag can include your brand name.
2. Contest hashtags
These are branded hashtags which are created for a specific contest. They identify contest entries for photo submission contests, and to generate contest awareness.
3. General appeal hashtags
These are popular hashtags among large, diverse audiences. They can drive traffic to your page because they are more likely to be used by many people.
4. Niche-specific hashtag
Each industry will have keywords that are relevant only to their target audience. These hashtags will get you more relevant traffic.
5. Timely hashtags
These hashtags are used for current events and seasonal holidays especially when selling particular holiday oriented products. People using this hashtag are likely to be searching for content that’s relevant right now.
HASHTAGS BEST PRACTICES
1. List your branded hashtag on your Instagram profile
2. Use about 5 to 8 hashtags for each post.
3. Use different hashtags for different posts to increase visibility to different audiences
4. Explore each hashtag to discover new hashtags to target.
It is important for brands to engage with their Instagram followers by replying to their comments and questions. Commenting on the replies of your followers will allow for two-way communication. Engaging with comments on your posts will strengthen the relationship between your brand and the most enthusiastic customers.
When your followers leave a comment on one of your posts or ask a question, respond as quickly as you possibly can. The more responsive you are, the easier it will be to build relationships with all of your customers. They will recognize that your brand is personable and engaging with your followers and customers.
THE POWER TIPis to use a combination of different hashtags in each category for your posts to strengthen your brand and help you reach the largest and most relevant audience
WANT TO KNOW HOW CUSTOMERS WILL PAY FOR YOUR JEWELLERY? STICK AROUND BECAUSE IN THE NEXT LECTURE WILL LOOK AT HOW DIRECTLY TAKE CUSTOMERS TO YOUR WEBSITE FOR PURCHASE
1. What is the maximum number of hashtags to use per post and why?
2. Name the types of hashtags to use in business
3. Highlight 5 hashtags best practices
4. Why is it important for jewellery brands to comment to replies and questions from clients?
USE SHOPPING ON INSTAGRAM
Shopping on Instagram allows customers to purchase any product they like in just a few taps on the post.
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL SHARE A POWER TIP ON HOW TO MAKE SHOPPING ON INSTAGRAM A SUCCESSFUL VENTURE.
NOTE; SHOPPING ON INSTAGRAM IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN NINE COUNTRIES AT THE MOMENT. THE COUNTRIES THAT CAN USE SHOPPING ON INSTAGRAM ARE THE U.S, AUSTRALIA, BRAZIL, CANADA, FRANCE, GERMANY, ITALY, SPAIN, AND THE U.K
Shopping on Instagram allows you to tag up to nine products displayed in your organic posts and Instagram stories. When users view your post, they will see a small shopping bag icon next to each of your tagged products. When they tap on the icon, a description of the product and its price will appear at the bottom of the screen.
Above the description, the users will see a button labeled “view on the website”. When they tap this button they will be directly taken to the product page on your website where they’ll read more about the product, add it to their shopping cart and complete the checkout process.
After you have tagged the ninth product, a “shop” feed will appear on your page with all the images you have tagged so far.
HOW TO ADD SHOPPING TAGS
1. HAVE A BUSINESS ACCOUNT - Shopping on Instagram is only available in business accounts. You also need to have a Facebook page.
2. QUALIFY FOR SHOPPING ON INSTAGRAM
You need to only sell physical products and have the latest version of the Instagram app.
3. SET UP A FACEBOOK PRODUCT CATALOGUE
You need a Facebook Business page to create a product catalog which you will link to your Instagram for a business account.
1. Go to Settings
2. Then Click on edit page in the sidebar on the left
3. Click on Templates
4. Choose Shopping Template
5. Click on the apply template
A new tab labeled Shop will appear on your Facebook page.
Open the tab & a pop-up window appears. Set up a payment method, choose your preferred currency and agree to terms and conditions.
4. LINKING FACEBOOK CATALOGUE TO YOUR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT
a. Open the Instagram app
b. Go to Settings
c. Tap on Business Settings
d. Select Shopping
e. Tap Continue
The product tabs will open and you will see a list of all your catalogs. Find the one you’ve just created and check the box next to it and you are done.
5. ADD PRODUCT TAGS TO YOUR INSTAGRAM POSTS
1. First tap on the tag products below the caption text box
2. Then tap on the area of the photo where the product is displayed
3. Select the product from your catalog
4. Repeat the procedure for every product displayed in the post.
5. Finally, tap on Done to go back to the edit tab
6. TAP ON SHARE TO PUBLISH YOUR SHOPPABLE POST.
Users can tap on each product and see the name, price and detailed description.
POWER TIP; Tag nine product images to activate Shop feed which appears on your page with all tagged images. It acts as an online storefront that allows users to browse from one page.
IN THE NEXT LECTURE WE WILL LOOK AT HOW TO MAKE YOUR JEWELLERY FEED SHOPPABLE USING THIRD PARTY COMPANIES
1. What is shopping on Instagram?
2. Discuss the importance of shopping on Instagram feature
3. Describe the process of adding shopping tags to posts
4. How do you active shop feed in your page?
Instagram selling tools are third party companies that offer software which makes your feed shoppable.
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL BE SHARING A POWER TIP ON HOW TO MONETIZE YOUR INSTAGRAM PRESENCE.
They enable your customers to make the jewelry purchase directly from Instagram without having to go to your website to find the product.
This enables you to minimize distractions and give your business an opportunity to massively increase sales.
SOME OF THE INSTAGRAM SELLING TOOLS INCLUDE;
The Inselly website is available on a desktop.
Inselly is a free Instagram selling tool. You can create your online store within your Instagram account.
How to list the products you want to sell
1. Take a photo of the product
2. Add the hashtag Inselly and all the relevant category tags
3. Login to Inselly and add details about your product
How customers buy on Inselly
1. They spot a product they want on Instagram
2. They add the hashtag sold to me
3. They get a secure checkout link sent to your Inbox.
Inselly does not charge commission fees and you checkout on PayPal.
Soldsie app is available on desktop only
When using Soldsie, sellers have two ways to sell to customers.
1. Install the Soldsie app.
2. Then upload product images through the Soldsie dashboard. This will turn your images into shoppable Instagram posts.
3. Customers will comment “sold” on the Instagram photo and add any necessary information like size and color if they want to purchase the product.
4. They will then be emailed a mobile-friendly invoice where they will complete the checkout process.
Soldsie offers a shoppable link in a social profile using Have2Have.it. This gives interested buyers access to a gallery of products.
The price for Soldsie is free for up to 49 clicks per month.
The POWER TIP is to let your followers know your profile is Shoppable. The followers won’t magically know they can buy the jewelry seen in your posts. Post photos and stories letting your followers know they can shop on your profile. Keep on reminding them.
IN THE NEXT LECTURE WE WILL LOOK AT HOW TO BOOST ENGAGEMENT, DRIVE TRAFFIC TO YOUR WEBSITE AND INCREASE JEWELLERY SALES THROUGH INSTAGRAM STORIES.
1. What are Instagram selling tools?
2. State and explain three Instagram selling tools
3. Explain the importance of Instagram selling tools
4. Explain the steps businesses take to sell jewellery on soldsie
ADD INSTAGRAM STORIES
In Instagram stories, users are allowed to share slide-shows of photos and videos that are automatically deleted after 24 hours.
AT THE END OF THIS LECTURE I WILL SHARE A POWER TIP ON HOW TO MAKE YOUR INSTAGRAM STORIES MORE INTERACTIVE WITH POTENTIAL CLIENTS
These photos and short videos are not featured on the user’s profile grids and neither on the main Instagram feed. In order to view the stories, you have to be connected to the user.
A new feature was released, one that allowed people to save their stories and make them available to their followers for longer periods of time.
WHY USE INSTAGRAM STORIES IN YOUR JEWELLERY MARKETING STRATEGY?
1. There’s a really wide audience on Instagram. Instagram reports that there are more than 400 million users who daily use stories.
2. The stories are very easy to create since it’s going to be up for 24 hours only. You just need a quick idea or an interesting moment to put in your story.
3. If you have more than ten thousand followers on Instagram and a business account, you can include a swipe up the link in your story that takes them to your website or blog.
4. Stories can be used as a platform to test ideas.
HOW TO USE POST AN INSTAGRAM STORY
1. Begin by clicking on the camera icon or the + on your profile picture. It may be indicated as “your story”
2. You can then tap the white circle in the middle to take a picture or hold it to take a video.
3. Tap the gallery icon to use existing pictures and videos
4. Edit your picture or video using the available editing tools.
5. Tap the “your story” button to post it to your public audience or “Send to” to send it privately to your followers via direct message.
HOW TO ADD LINKS TO YOUR STORIES
You need to have 10,000 followers or a verified account to add links to IG story.
1. Upload a photo to your IG story and click the icon at the top that looks like a chain.
2. Click the +URL to add a link to a web page.
3. Type the URL into the text box and click “Done” in the top right
4. Click the +Story to publish. Your story will contain the “See More” swipe uplink.
WAYS TO DRIVE ENGAGEMENT IN YOUR INSTAGRAM STORIES
Using polls - Insert straight forward questions within the slides of your stories.
Geotags - One of the most interesting and yet powerful stickers for Instagram is the geotag location sticker.
Highlights - This feature allows you to save your stories as an archive that will live on your Instagram profile.
POWER TIP; Polls and question stickers make your stories more interactive and encourage your clients to open up to you and your jewelry brand.
INTERESTED IN ADDING LIVE VIDEOS TO YOUR INSTAGRAM STORIES? IN THE NEXT LECTURE WE WILL LOOK AT INSTAGRAM LIVE
1. Define the term Instagram stories
2. State 5 reasons for using Instagram stories in jewellery marketing strategy
3. Explain the steps of posting Instagram stories
4. Discuss the process of adding links to Instagram stories
Instagram live is a live video broadcasting feature that allows users to share broadcasts with followers via their story section of the app.
AT THE END OF THIS LECTURE I WILL SHARE A POWER TIP ON HOW TO REACH THE WIDEST AUDIENCE IMAGINABLE USING INSTAGRAM LIVE
As soon as you are done broadcasting, the footage disappears along with all the comments.
Jewelry businesses can effectively use Instagram live to boost interaction with customers. IG live will enable businesses to connect with new, larger audiences.
HOW TO SET UP INSTAGRAM LIVE
1. Begin by swiping right from your Instagram home screen or tap the camera icon in the top left corner of the screen to open the Instagram camera
2. Tap the “Live” camera option and tap “Start Live Video” Your followers will be notified when you start a live video
3. The number of viewers appears at the top of the screen while the comments appear at the bottom. You can add your comments by tapping “Comment”
4. You can pin a comment to the top of your feed by tapping and holding the comment
5. When you’ve finished, tap “Done” at the top right corner and then “End Live Video”
6. Tap save in the top right corner so you can save to video to your gallery or to your story
ADMINISTRATIVE FEATURES IN INSTAGRAM LIVE
You can hide your live video from specific users by going to your profile, selecting “Story Settings” and tapping “Hide Story From”
2. Comment Moderation
If you do not want to see inappropriate comments, turn on comment moderation. This is highly advisable when you are a large brand with a lot of engagement.
Open your IG settings, scroll down to Comments and toggle the Hide Inappropriate Comments from Off to On.
STRATEGIES FOR USING IG LIVE FOR JEWELLERY BUSINESS
1. Prepare for your Instagram live beforehand
This is especially important if it’s your first time. Write out your script, practice and even record yourself on your phone and make the necessary adjustments.
2. Use IG Live to launch new products
It’s a good place to tease or launch new jewelry pieces.
3. Use Instagram Live to demonstrate a product in use
Show your audience how your jewelry can be worn, when and to which occasions.
4. Highlight brand events
If your brand is hosting an event, going on business trips or attending conferences, share it with your loyal followers
5. Record high-quality videos
Grainy or low-quality videos can deter viewers from watching your videos to the end.
POWER TIP; Promote your Instagram Live.
If you get a lot of viewers and engagement on your Instagram Live broadcast, you may get featured on the Explore Page. Getting on the Explore page will enable you to reach the widest audience imaginable.
WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE SELECTED INSTAGRAM STORIES LAST MORE THAN 24 HOURS? IF THE ANSWER IS YES THEN JOIN ME IN THE NEXT LECTURE AS WE LOOK AT INSTAGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
1. What is Instagram live
2. Discuss the process of setting up Instagram live
3. List the three administrative features in Instagram live
4. Discuss 5 strategies of using Instagram live in jewellery business
Instagram highlights are saved collections of Instagram stories that your followers can tap into and watch any time they like.
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL SHARE AN IMPORTANT POWER TIP ON HOW TO ENSURE THE MOST IMPORTANT HIGHLIGHTS ARE SEEN FIRST
Highlights live permanently on your profile. They are located directly under your bio and above your Instagram feed. It’s the best place to direct followers to your most valuable jewelry content.
Instagram story highlights are an amazing tool for jewelry businesses to showcase and promote their brand. They help new visitors discover what your company is all about.
HOW TO TURN ON INSTAGRAM’S AUTO-ARCHIVING FEATURE
Instagram’s auto-archiving feature eliminates any anxiety around losing valuable content. The auto-archiving feature automatically saves your stories into the cloud, so they won’t be lost if you forget to save them to your camera roll.
The auto-archiving feature saves your very best Instagram stories even after the 24 hour period is over.
To activate the auto-archive feature;
1. Go to your Instagram profile and open your settings.
2. Tap on Privacy and Security
3. Tap on Story Controls
Toggle the Save to Archive option to on
HOW TO ADD A STORY HIGHLIGHT
1. Go to your profile and tap Story Highlights which is right below your username and bio. Tap the symbol +
2. Tap to select the stories you want to add to Highlights and tap next.
3. Choose a cover photo and enter your story name for Your Highlight then tap done.
You can add more photos by tapping on Edit Highlight.
Stories added as highlights remain visible until you remove them, even after the original story has disappeared after the 24 hours. The people you’ve allowed to see your story can also see your highlights.
WAYS TO USE INSTAGRAM HIGHLIGHTS FOR JEWELLERY BUSINESS
1. Highlight product collections
2. Frequently asked questions
Setting up an Instagram highlight dedicated to FAQ’s is an easy way to address thousands of similar questions in your DM’s or inbox and saves you valuable time.
3. Highlight your favorite reviews
When you find an amazing review anywhere that features your brand, add a screenshot to your Story and highlight it on your “Reviews we love Highlight.”
This will help you build your brand credibility.
4. behind the scenes look
Give your loyal followers a behind the scenes look at your office, company culture, or even just your clients’ lifestyle with the jewelry.
E.g. If someone is cracking people up at a company function, add it to your story then add it to your “Behind the scenes Highlight”
POWER TIP; Create the less significant highlights first and the most relevant or important topics last so they won’t be pushed out of view. Your most recently uploaded story in a highlight will be the first one your viewers will see.
IN THE NEXT LECTURE WE WILL LOOK AT HOW TO INCREASE CONVERSION RATES, ENGAGEMENT RATE AND REACH A WIDER AUDIENCE USING INSTAGRAM ADVERTISEMENTS
1. Explain what Instagram highlights are
2. Explain the process of turning on Instagram Auto-archive feature
3. Discuss the process of adding a story highlight
4. Give 5 ways of using Instagram highlights for jewellery business
USE INSTAGRAM ADVERTISING
While you can directly advertise from the Instagram app, it is highly advisable to advertise on Instagram through Facebook’s ad manager.
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL BE SHARING A POWER TIP ON HOW TO OPTIMIZE YOUR INSTAGRAM JEWELLERY ADVERTISEMENTS
To create ads on Instagram you have to connect your Instagram account to a Facebook Business Page which allows you to use Facebook Ad manager.
HOW TO CONNECT A FACEBOOK PAGE TO THE FACEBOOK BUSINESS MANAGER
1. Go to business.facebook.com website
2. Click on the Create Account button
3. Enter the name for your jewelry business, select the primary page and enter your name and the email address.
4. Enter the rest of the required field.
HOW TO LINK YOUR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT TO YOUR BUSINESS MANAGER PROFILE
1. Go to the business manager
2. Click Business Settings then Instagram Accounts
3. Click the Claim New Instagram Account button
4. Add your username and password and click Next
5. If you want to authorize one or more of your ad accounts to use the Instagram account then check the box next to each ad account
6. Click SHOW TO ADVERTISE ON IG USING FACEBOOK ADS MANAGER
There are two ways to create Instagram ads in Facebook ads manager.
1. Guided Creation takes you through each step of creating an ad. It gives you step by step instructions. This is the best way to create an ad if you are just beginning.
2. Quick Creation allows you to set up your ads however you want them to be without much guidance from the Ads manager.
TYPES OF INSTAGRAM ADVERTISEMENTS
1. Single photo ad
This entails a single photo that appears in the feed, along with a caption that appears right beneath the image. Photo ads allow jewelry businesses to showcase their jewelry through compelling images.
2. Carousel ad
This ad is the same as single photo ads except you can include up to 10 photos. They let users swipe through a series of images or videos, with a call-to-action button to connect them directly to your jewelry website.
Carousel ads allow you to tell a longer story and highlight multiple products.
3. Video Ads
You can include up to 60 seconds of video and a caption beneath the video. These ads appear in the feed as well.
4. Story ads
Story ads appear to users as between stories they are already viewing from people they follow. You can target your audience and choose how frequently they see your stories ads.
The story disappears after 24 hours. Story ads are perfect for sharing limited-time offers and promotions.
POWER TIP - Track the performance of your Instagram Ads in Facebook Ads Manager. Adjust the Advertisements accordingly. Check your Instagram analytics regularly to ensure you’re getting your return on investment.
CONSUMERS TRUST REAL PEOPLE MORE THAN TRADITIONAL ADVERTISING. JOIN ME IN THE NEXT LECTURE AS WE LOOK AT INFLUENCER MARKETING AND HOW TO TEAM UP WITH THESE IMPORTANT PEOPLE.
1. Explain how Facebook page is connected to the Facebook business manager
2. Discuss how Instagram account is linked to business manager profile
3. State 2 ways of creating Instagram ads in Facebook ads manager
4. Highlight types of Instagram adverts
Influencers are people who have built a large and engaged following on Instagram.
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL SHARE A POWER TIP ON
HOW TO BEST WORK WITH INFLUENCERS TO INCREASE BRAND AWARENESS AND DRIVE SALES
Their followers idolize and respect their opinions. Influencers may have acquired thousands or millions of followers through their lifestyles, their job, the clothes they wear or the stories they tell.
Influencers are very diverse so different brands have the ability to utilize Instagram influencer marketing for their industry and target demographic.
REASONS WHY INSTAGRAM INFLUENCER MARKETING WORKS
Influencer marketing enables the brand to reach its target audience in a way that feels more genuine than traditional marketing. Rather than businesses selling jewelry directly to customers, they are building relationships with people who can sell for them.
Instagram influencers have many loyal followers because they share personal life moments with them. If the influencer recommends a particular jewelry brand, followers will listen as they would listen to a friend.
HOW MUCH ARE INFLUENCERS PAID?
The amount an influencer will charge depends on a number of factors like the number of followers, the engagement rate and the industry.
HOW TO CHOOSE INFLUENCERS FOR YOUR JEWELLERY BRAND
1. Someone who has many followers who are engaged in his/her content.
2. If you are a jewelry business owner and you are looking to hire an influencer, ensure the followers of the influencer are matched to your target audience.
3. Also, ensure that the following and engagement is genuine. Some Instagram accounts may look like influencers but may be run by bots instead.
4. Look at the influencer and see whether they are responsible for their partnership choices, truly taking into consideration their followers interests and ensuring they do sponsored content that is in line with the interests of their audience.
5. Ensure your jewelry brand image complements the influencer you want to work with.
6. Look at the people who have engaged with your Instagram content already by liking or commenting on your jewelry posts. If they have a good following then they may be happy to work with you.
INSTAGRAM INFLUENCER TACTICS TO WIN FOLLOWERS HEARTS.
1. Using sponsored postings and mentions
2. Using storytelling through captions - telling personal stories of pieces of jewelry that convey strong emotions.
3. Using unboxing videos where they unpack a new product and explore its features.
4. Inviting influencers to big brand events so they can talk about the brand on social media.
5. Conducting giveaways and contests to build brand awareness.
POWER TIP - Don’t limit your influencer’s creativity. The reason you chose them is that they are masters of their crafts and they know the types of content that best engage their audiences. Arm them with plenty of information about your brand and let them do their thing.
WANT TO BOOST ENGAGEMENT AND GET YOUR CONTENT NOTICED BY INSTAGRAM ALGORITHM? IF YES THEM JOIN ME IN THE NEXT LECTURE AS WE LOOK LEARN ABOUT INSTAGRAM CONTESTS.
1. Give reasons why Instagram influencer marketing works
2. Explain the criteria used to determine the amount of money to pay influencers
3. Explain how you would choose the influencer for your jewellery brand
4. What are some of Instagram influencer tactics to win followers
Instagram contests are one of the most effective tactics to quickly increase engagement and grow your audience.
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL SHARE AN IMPORTANT POWER TIP ON HOW TO USE THE MOST EFFECTIVE INSTAGRAM CONTESTS
There are endless ways to plan the perfect Instagram contests.
STEPS TO RUN AN INSTAGRAM CONTEST
1. Set objectives and goals
It’s important to plan the Instagram contest. Setting a specific goal will enable you to know whether you were successful in the end. Aim your goals around content that your audience actually wants to post and engage with.
Establish a time frame and budget for your contest early.
2. Create an Instagram contest entry method
Some ways that your audience can enter your contest can be through;
1. Posting a photo or post to Instagram with a specific hashtag and a specific theme
2. Following you
3. Liking or commenting on one of your posts.
4. Tagging their friends or followers in your post or tag your brand in their post.
3. Find an effective hashtag
Hashtags help create brand and contest recognition by serving as a mechanism for sharing and driving participation.
4. Choose a clearly defined theme.
Pick a theme that aligns with your jewellery so followers know what kinds of pictures and videos to post.
Take advantage of holidays and events that are in line with your brand.
5. State how the winner will be chosen
Inform the participants how the winner will be chosen. There are two common ways that winners are chosen;
This strategy is employed by making participants compete for the most likes. Participants share their posts with their friends across channels to get as many likes as possible.
With this method, you will select a group of experts that will decide who the winner is.
6. Choose a valuable reward
While choosing the prize, consider your target audience, your budget and how aggressive your goals are. The value of the prize should outweigh the cost and energy required to enter the contest.
7. Create some terms and conditions
You must follow legal guidelines when creating a contest.
Common terms include;
i. The rules of who can enter such as age and employee restrictions
ii. Guidelines of how people enter
iii. Details of how the prize will be delivered.
8. Promote and monitor submissions
Promote your contest on your blog, social media sites and through emails
Monitor the number of submissions, number of participants, top participants, total likes, total reach and follower growth during the contest.
9. Award the winner
Adhere to the terms and conditions when reviewing submissions. Be 100% fair in your evaluation. Select the winners, notify them and make the announcement publicly.
POWER TIP; Study what other Instagram marketers are doing, then apply the most successful techniques to your own operations.
IN THE NEXT LECTURE WE WILL DELVE DEEPER INTO HOW TO REFINE YOUR INSTAGRAM CONTENT MARKETING AND ADVERTISING THROUGH THE A/B TESTING PROCESS.
1. Give reasons why businesses run Instagram contests
2. Explain the steps of running an Instagram contest
3. Why should the contest winner be announced publicly?
4. What are some of the terms and conditions to include in your Instagram contests?
USE A/B TESTING
Social ads are a great way to reach a new audience, increase traffic, conversion rates, and revenue.
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL SHARE A POWERFUL TIP ON HOW TO ENSURE YOUR ADS CONVERT STRANGERS INTO CUSTOMERS
To ensure you are making the most out of your advertising efforts, A/B test all your ads to ensure they are performing optimally.
A/B testing is when you run two versions of the same ad simultaneously with one element being different to determine which performs better. There are many variables you can change in your tests.
IMPORTANT VARIABLES TO A/B TEST;
Images are one of the most important variables you can A/B test in an ad because they have a huge influence over the user engagement.
The image you use will determine whether your customer will be captivated and converting or scroll right past.
Some factors to consider when planning your jewelry image variations include; lifestyle images, showing a customer with your product, wide angle vs close-up, the product by itself etc.
2. YOUR CALL-TO-ACTION
The call to action is a very important element in your ad because it guides the audience on what to do next and how to buy your beautiful jewelry. Call to action factors to consider include the placement, color, style, and wording.
3. CHANGE THE TARGET AUDIENCE
Here, change the target audience for each jewelry ad instead of changing the elements in the ad. Let the ads remain identical but send each of the ads to different audiences. Ad one may target Instagram users based on location while ad two might target users based on interests. Other targeting elements to test include; gender, age, behaviors, interests or a language spoken.
4. ADD OFFERS AND PROMOTIONS
The only way to know whether offers really attract prospects is to test it out. Some of the variations to test include; promo code versus no promo code, type of code or even the type of promotion itself.
5. TEST YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COPY
The copy you use is as important as the image and a bad copy can turn people off or give them the wrong message. You can test the body, the headline, link description and the copy in the landing page.
POWER TIP; never stop testing your social ads. Consumer habits and behavior change all the time. Just because ad A performs wonderfully this week doesn’t mean it will next week. Keep A/B testing, track results, tweak your approach and ensure that your ads are always reaching the biggest audience, resonating with most people and converting strangers into customers.
WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE YOUR USERS BELIEVE YOUR PRODUCT IS AMAZING ENOUGH TO TRY IT OUT? THEN STICK AROUND BECAUSE IN THE NEXT LECTURE WE WILL LOOK AT INCORPORATING SOCIAL PROOF IN YOUR JEWELLERY INSTAGRAM MARKETING.
1. What is an A/B test?
2. State 5 important variables to A/B test
3. Give reasons why you should never stop testing your social ads
4. What is the importance of A/B testing?
Social proof is when someone else validates your opinion or choice.
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL SHARE SOME POWER TIPS ON HOW TO USE SOCIAL PROOF TO INFLUENCE CONSUMER PURCHASING DECISIONS.
Social proof marketing is when brands use social influence to persuade potential customers to buy their jewellery products. Social proof boosts marketing.
THERE ARE SEVEN TYPES OF SOCIAL PROOF;
1. EXPERT SOCIAL PROOF;
This is when an expert in your industry recommends your product or services or is associated with your brand. When experts say they want a particular product, everyone who wants expert advice will purchase the product. An example is a twitter shout-out by an expert.
2. CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENT is when a celebrity endorses your products. When a famous person wears sparkly jewellery from your brand or wears a shirt with the logo of your brand, it’s all the social proof many consumers need to do the exact same thing.
3. USER SOCIAL PROOF is when your current users recommend your jewellery products based on their experiences with your brand. This can also be in the form of success stories and testimonies from people that enjoyed wearing the jewellery.
4. POPULARITY - When everyone is doing something except one person, that person may be pushed over the edge and prompt them to make the purchase.
An example is by having millions of followers on your social media profiles.
5. FRIENDS ENDORSING THEIR PREFERENCES - This is when people see their friends approve and praise your product. This could be through seeing their friends use your product or follow you on social media.
6. CERTIFICATION SOCIAL PROOF
This is when you are given a stamp of approval by authoritative figures in your industry. An example is the blue Check-mark on Instagram.
7. THIRD PARTY CERTIFICATIONS
When other companies approve of your product, it creates a sense of consumer confidence.
How third party certification is used.
1. The five-star review from customers
2. The online review from people that enjoyed using the product
3. Influencer marketing from people with many followers
4. Badges and logos used by reputable organizations
5. Social like and share buttons by customers who enjoyed the use of the product
6. User generated content
WAYS TO USE SOCIAL PROOF IN YOUR MARKETING
1. Encourage customers to leave good ratings on your Instagram posts
2. Mention the size of your customer base in your profile bio. If people see many people are wearing your jewellery products, they will have a positive first impression of your brand
3. Display the testimonials of satisfied customers on your brand website
4. Explore the possibility of having brand ambassadors
5. Share and celebrate the milestones with your loyal customers and followers e.g. anniversaries.
POWER TIP; Show prospects other similar products that other customers bought along with the product they are viewing at the moment. E.g. “Customers also bought silver pendant chains.” This social proof method shows that other people are also buying your products.
IN THE NEXT LECTURE WE WILL DELVE INTO SOME OF THE MOST GENIOUS WAYS OF GENERATING LEADS ON INSTAGRAM.
1. What is social proof?
2. List 4 types of social proof
3. Why is social proof important?
4. Give 4 ways of using social proof in your Marketing
CHECK INSTAGRAM ANALYTICS
Generating leads on Instagram becomes easier when it is built into your overall Instagram marketing strategy.
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL SHARE ONE POWERFUL WAY OF GENERATING LEADS IN INSTAGRAM IF ALL ELSE FAILS
WAYS OF GENERATING LEADS ON INSTAGRAM
1. USE INSTAGRAM LEAD GENERATION ADVERTS
You’ll need to create a Facebook page and an Instagram business profile. Once you have created those, go to the Ads manager and begin building your ad.
Choose Lead generation as your marketing objective and name your campaign.
Facebook makes the process of creating an ad really easy in the steps below;
1. Choose your marketing objective; Lead generation
2. Define your target audience
3. Select your placements - Automatic placements
4. Set your bids( optimize for the leads or for the link clicks)
5. Choose the advert format that you want
6. Create the lead form that you desire
2. OPTIMIZE YOUR PROFILE BIO
On Instagram, you are allowed only one clickable link in your bio. An effective Instagram bio is designed with your target audience in mind.
Elements to optimize in an Instagram bio;
1. The profile image
2. The content
3. The clickable link
3. ENGAGE WITH YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
The word social media says it all, you have to be social and engage with your audience if you’re serious about generating leads on Instagram.
Respond to the questions, comments, and praises. Take time to craft out creative responses.
Ways to keep your responses engaging;
i. Using emoji
ii. Share relatable images
iii. Reply with funny gifs in stories
iv. Ask follow-up questions
4. USE INSTAGRAM LIVE
When you go live on Instagram, the video shows up live and you are able to interact one on one with clients. When it’s gone, there’s no watching it later.
Use Instagram live to promote;
1. Big and important announcements
2. Teaser of new jewelry products
3. Social Contests
5. INCORPORATE A CALL TO ACTION BUTTON
They drive leads.
Generate leads using a call to action button by;
1. Asking for engagement from followers e.g. “double tap to agree”
2. Setting up contests like;
- Asking followers to tag their friends
- Asking followers to upload their own content using a hashtag.
3. Using lead magnets such as offers and promotions
6. DEVELOP A JEWELLERY INSTAGRAM CONTENT STRATEGY
1. Choose main topics such as compelling user-generated content
2. Schedule your posts ahead of time and they will be posted without you watching them with tools like Buffer and Hootsuite.
7. TRACK AND MEASURE YOUR INSTAGRAM JEWELLERY CAMPAIGN.
1. Click rate of the landing page
2. The conversion rate of the landing page
3. Track clicks to the link on your bio using bit.ly.
POWER TIP; Use Instagram lead generation tools like kicksta which makes it easier for you to find followers relevant to your brand and who are highly interested in your products. Kicksta is an Instagram growth service. It’s a website. To access it you need to go to www.kicksta.co
IN THE NEXT LECTURE WE WILL LOOK AT HOW TO CHECK INSTAGRAM ANALYTICS TO SEE WHETHER OUR CAMPAIGNS ARE SUCCESSFUL OR NOT.
1. State ways of generating leads on Instagram
2. Explain the process of creating lead generating adverts on Instagram
3. Name one lead generation tool
4. How can businesses generate leads using Call to action buttons?
Instagram analytics enable you to know the performance of your posts and your account in general.
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL SHARE A POWER TIP ON HOW TO USE INSTAGRAM ANALYTIC TOOLS
Instagram metrics are individual stats while Instagram analytics help you interpret those stats and see patterns in them. E.g. how many followers you have is a metric while how fast your follower count is growing over time is analytic. By reviewing your analytics, you get useful feedback that helps you improve your social media strategy.
There are two main ways you can access analytics in your Instagram account; through an Instagram, a tool called Instagram insights or through a third party analytics tool called simply measured.
Instagram Insights enables you to view basic analytics tools about your account, your followers and your posts. It’s only available in business profiles or accounts that receive massive engagement.
HOW TO VIEW INSIGHTS
1. Tap your profile picture in the bottom right corner to go to your profile
2. Tap the menu icon located in the upper right corner
3. Tap on insights which are at the top of the menu icon
4. Insights and analytics about your Instagram account will be displayed.
ANALYTICS SEEN IN THE INSTAGRAM INSIGHTS
The three main tabs on Instagram analytics are Activity, Content, and Audience.
Shows how many people have interacted with your content and how many accounts you have reached through with your posts of late.
The Activity tab is divided into; Interactions and Discovery
- Interactions - Displays how many people have visited your profile, the number of people that clicked on the link in your bio and how many have asked for the direction to your business if you listed the address.
- Discovery - Shows you the total reach and impressions of your jewelry content this week.
This shows how your individual posts and stories have been performing. It is divided into Feed posts, Stories, and Promotions.
- Feed posts show how your regular posts have been performing. You can filter the feed posts by many different metrics such as reach, comments and follows. Feed posts are the most thorough and helpful part of the tool.
The stories category shows you how your stories have been performing but it will only show stats for the last 24 hours, 7 days or 14 days.
It shows you're the performance of your promoted Instagram posts.
It shows demographics and audience behavior.
Metrics to track on Instagram
1. Instagram follower growth
2. Instagram audience demographic
3. Instagram website clicks
4. Instagram reach
5. Instagram engagement rate
ADVANTAGES OF USING NATIVE INSTAGRAM INSIGHTS
2. Easy to access
1. Has limited data range
2. Available on mobile only
POWER TIP; Use third-party Instagram analytic tools such as measure which have more metrics, unlimited selection of date ranges and is available on the desktop.
IN THE NEXT LECTURE WE WILL LOOK AT HOW TO AVOID COMMON INSTAGRAM MARKETING MISTAKES
1. Explain how businesses can view Insight
2. State some of the analytics seen in Instagram Insights
3. Give the advantages of using Instagram Insights
4. Why should businesses use third party Instagram analytics tools?
If you have tried to succeed in Instagram marketing but it’s just not working, there are some mistakes you may be making unknowingly.
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL SHARE AN AMAZING POWER TIP ON HOW TO STEADILY INCREASE YOUR FOLLOWING AND CLIENT BASE
Knowing these mistakes is one step in the right direction. Know the mistakes then fix them to get the amazing results you deserve.
INSTAGRAM MARKETING MISTAKES TO AVOID
1. Setting your business account to private
This could be an unintentional mistake but it is costly. Make sure your account is set to public to have a higher chance of reaching out to a massive audience and pulling out potential clients.
2. Posting random photos and videos
When you post pictures that are not relevant to your brand, you run the risk of appearing unprofessional. The balance between showing your brand persona and posting relevant images.
3. Low-quality images
The quality of the image and videos send a message about the quality of your product. High-resolution images are often associated with quality and professionalism.
4. Not using hashtags correctly or failing to use them completely
Not using hashtags is a mistake that some jewelry brands make. Hashtags provide reach to people interested in jewelry.
5. Failing to post consistently
When you are consistent you are predictable and followers like a predictable frequency. Don’t mistake quantity for consistency. Posting too much will annoy your prospective buyers and alienate them from your brand.
6. Not following your followers
You can follow some followers but you don’t have to comment or communicate with them on their personal account. Following your followers gives you the chance to know them better and meet their needs.
7. Not proofreading your content
Missing punctuation, misspelling and bad grammar will make your brand look unprofessional. They ruin impressions in front of a massive audience
8. Not engaging with your followers
The best way to connect with your customer is to interact with them and get to know their opinions and interests.
9. Buying Instagram likes and followers
Buying likes and followers lead to a poor return on investments
10. Ignoring Instagram analytics
You won’t know what content is wasting precious resources and which content is successful if you ignore analytics. Without exploring numbers you’ll miss important information that could help you plan your future campaign.
11. Not using powerful captions
Not all Instagram content can be visually interpreted well. The text accompanying a photo helps weave the brand story together, adding depth and context to the photo.
12. Not investing in Instagram ads
Many businesses fail to recognize the potential of Instagram ads and this is often detrimental to their business. Ignoring ads makes it harder to define your target audience and aim your content at the right people.
POWER TIP; Maintain a steady publishing schedule. This
Builds momentum and drives sustained interest among your followers and clients.
IN THE NEXT LECTURE WE WILL LOOK AT WAYS TO AVOID MARKETING MISTAKES BY LOOKING AT INSTAGRAM MARKETING BEST PRACTICES
1. List some of the Instagram marketing mistakes to avoid
2. Why should businesses be aware of the mistakes they make on Instagram
3. Give reasons why businesses should not buy likes and followers on Instagram
4. Why should businesses maintain a steady publishing schedule?
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE I WILL SHARE AN IMPORTANT TIP ON MAKING THE MOST OUT OF JEWELLERY MARKETING ON INSTAGRAM
Selling luxurious jewelry does not mean you have to target an affluent market. Use the right marketing strategies and you’ll be able to attract more potential customers.
Jewelry MARKETING IDEAS FROM PROFESSIONALS
1. Create stories that appeal to emotions
Create emotionally rich stories around your jewelry pieces. Create a very tight and narrow jewelry brand identity.
2. Focus your jewelry marketing around major life events
Use an editorial calendar to market to your customers around major life events. Highlight colorful resort jewelry for upcoming vacations and holidays or ideas for back to school gifts such as ear cuffs. Have a different focus every month to stay relevant and organized.
3. Include rich content in your advertising
Consumers are hungry for more stories and more information whether it’s beautiful photos or in-depth stories on your blog.
4. Identify your jewelry target market
Your first step should be to establish the target audience to be marketed to, the goals for marketing to them and what differentiates one audience from another if there are multiple audiences.
Next determine what sets you apart then establish a brand voice, create the look, engage with your consumers and build your content library.
5. Promote your amazing customer service
When a customer is making a sizeable purchase, be it a diamond wedding ring or a gold necklace, they expect the salesperson to be knowledgeable and provide superior customer service.
6. Nurture people who show interest
Many jewelry businesses pay attention to attracting new businesses and neglect converting those who showed interest but failed to convert. Collecting email addresses of customers who walk into your physical store is paramount.
7. Use hashtags to market jewelry on Instagram
Use key hashtags on IG to increase the following and generate leads to your website.
8. Collaborate with like-minded people to promote your jewelry business
Make a list of interesting, stylish and like-minded business owners that you admire. Reach out to them with an offer of creating a custom design especially for them as a gift and share the collaborative process and jewelry design to both of your websites. It will bring awareness and followers to each of your businesses.
9. Give customers more payment options
Jewelry is often expensive and inconvenient to pay for in cash. Provide more payment options to your customers to keep them loyal to your brand. E.g. Use an all-in-one card payment processor from Square.
POWER TIP; Lend your jewelry to influencers and celebrities to wear during events and they will create awareness for your jewelry brand. With the right strategy, even small jewelry businesses can get their products to popular individuals.
THE GOOD THING ABOUT INSTAGRAM MARKETING IS THAT ANY SIZE OF BUSINESS CAN THRIVE ON IG. IF A BUSINESS WANTS TO CREATE AWARENESS, THEY CAN DO SO BY KEEPING AN ACTIVE PRESENCE AND MAINTAINING A ROUTINE OF AT LEAST ONE POST PER DAY. SO IF YOU ARE A JEWELLERY BUSINESS THAT WANTS TO BEGIN MARKETING ON INSTAGRAM, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? BEGIN.
1. List 5 jewellery marketing ideas from professionals
2. Explain how businesses can attract more potential customers
3. Give reasons why businesses should create stories that appeal to emotions
4. How can small businesses create awareness for their jewellery brands?